Palm Beach Habilitation Center has been here since 1959 and set the stage for so much of the good that has happened in the developmental disabilities community. Here are some of them:
- Largest, longest operating, and most comprehensive provider of services for adults with disabilities in Palm Beach County.
- First in Palm Beach County to provide employment services to people with developmental disabilities.
- First organization in Palm Beach County to provide specialized services to seniors with developmental disabilities
- First in Palm Beach County to provide residential services to persons with developmental disabilities
- First organization for adults with disabilities to create a social enterprise – Crew 2 U – which contracts with local cities and the county, plus local businesses to provide crews for cleaning, lawn care, beach clean-up and parking meter money collection, among other work.
- One of the first in Palm Beach County to partner with Publix to employ persons with developmental disabilities in its stores.